Friday, July 07, 2006

No one warned me

How lovely it must be to be "in love",
To find that person you always thought of.
Where didn't I look when none but one held my eyes?
Are there many looking, or are they all waiting to be found?
When did tomorrow finally come?


-OF BEING IN LOVE-

When the day after tomorrow (which never) comes I might let go.
I might learn to love again.
I might.

There will only be you, and I,
because we were gone too long ago.

Every day I hoped that we would come back,
but as each of those days pass, my hope
(which I had hoped would never become hope)
passes with each, and I am left only with my wants.
And to want with fading hope leaves me with nothing.
What am I to do with nothing?
With nothing, I can lose nothing,
and perhaps this is the only thing I truly needed.

Perhaps.

To abandon myself to the truth; be stripped of all pretentions, delusions and fading hopes.
To find that beneath it all, all I have is myself and nothing more.
Perhaps. My hopes and wants led me to what I need.

The truth.

So in this truth I should begin anew. I should.
A new start. With nothing. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

But at least in this new start, I know.
And above everyting else,
the one thing I really wanted
was to know...
To know of being in love.

No comments: