Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Story of Achilles

It was one year yesterday that I ruptured my Achilles tendon. I am back on my feet and I would say 90% healed. I still have to "warm up" my ankle every morning, or after sedentary periods but then it's relatively good to go, sometimes lasting even longer than my uninjured leg.

I am still tentative however, perhaps more out of fear than caution, assuming that something WILL
suddenly go wrong. But nothing goes wrong, and everyday the fear ebbs away, just a little at a time. I made my first precision jump on Sunday after personally refusing to let today come to pass and not giving it a shot. It was more of a mental leap than physical because it took a while to convince myself to just leap ... landing will be what it may.

I leapt. I landed. I smiled.

And it was good.

No comments: