Thursday, November 02, 2006

Two silver strands

They call him an old man with new ideas. His perspective comes not from looking back, but having come from there and not wanting to go back. It is said that history repeats itself, but he says history needs to remain where it is in order to allow an infantile future to mature unencumbered. Ask for an example.
Would that require me bringing something up, or making something up?
The point was made immediately. Later there were thoughts of having gained the knowledge of some invaluable lesson (Did you notice the use of multiple tenses in that one sentence? Is that a contradiction on my own point of bringing the past to the present with future intent? What am I thinking?). In retrospect, the light was already there, not yet illuminated.
END

I had a moment of minor epiphany (possible?) while scouring the Outernet for inspiration. I think beauty is lost in the clarity and definition of colour. That's why old black and white photos look so appealing, even when their subjects are quite ordinary. And oh, what injustice we face for being ordinary! So much emphasis is being given to high definition, high DPI, high contrast, hijinks, that the subtle seductive charms of imagination have ebbed out of our daily searches for unadulterated happiness - living simple lives with our Utopian fantasies. Enjoy.
I don't have to tell you how, do I?

END

I finished the elbow section of my left sleeve tattoo. Gift to myself for the season? Perhaps a sensual two in one with the wife and hers. Alvin the tattoo guy will definitely be having a Merry Christmas with us.
END

You have a grey hair. Oh look, there's another one. You growing up, eh old man?
BEGIN

1 comment:

Unknown said...

an intense collage of words, ideas, and truths so intricate in its simplicity that few will grasp it, woe to them.