Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Random snipets


1. It is elections time in St. Lucia. Something claiming to be responsible in me required that I post that fact. There are few things that interest me less than Caribbean, especially small-island, politics. It is a pretentious, ignorant, exploitiary, degenerate point in time in my environment's current history... Hold on, is there such a thing as "current history"? After all, whatever "it" is (and you can't buy this one on eBay) won't be history until no longer current, right? Furthermore, something has to happen to make it historic, not just historical. But that's another day's gramatical argument. Let's amend that to recent historical existence. This fiasco will repeat itself with the same chicken and rhum (and fete) formula in the next five years anyway. I have dealt with some of the key players and it is safe to say that given the motives, reasons and methods they plan to employ not only to hopefully (do we really hope for this?) run their constituency, but simply to gain the seat, nothing will be done for the long term benefit of the nation. At least not in my lifetime.
END

2. I sold the Bumble Bee (my '98 Honda Hornet/599) last month. The end of another chapter in my motor book. A friend is going away this week to go look for new bikes, one for himself, one for yours truly. I can only wait.
END

3. I've worn flip-flops to work every day for the last two weeks, and on average, three times a week previous to that. Just thought you should know.
That is all.
BEGIN

No comments: