Friday, September 22, 2006

Baked Chicken, rice and beans, with a sprinkle of sea salt


The weekend is so close I can almost taste it.
Almost.
The pile of job folders precisely scattered around my desk reminds me I won't be enjoying that flavour for at least another five and a half hours. Individuals from various firms, displaying the most fatuous methods of thinking, running their departments/companies with rampant ignorant recklessness, are the ones I inevitably must appease for the agency on any given Friday.
And this Friday is no different.
I sit staring at dark curtains miserably thankful that they prevent the beautiful vista of beach and ocean on a cloudless day. Just across the road. I do not think I could function through every day, leaving paradise - a mere stone's throw away - alone.
Ah, but then there's lunchtime.

No comments: