Friday, September 01, 2006

I Do

The week before I said "I do" to my wife, I had a pair of rings made.

Many people find it hard to believe when I tell them this: the entire process of being pierced through both nipples was entirely painless.
The handful of minutes spent lying on the piercer's table awaiting the steel intrusion constituted one of my fastest meditations ever. At the point when asked "Are you ready?", I gave a wry smile and blinked once... the most I could manage from my state of utterly blissful, self-induced, physical calm. His clamp was cold but the pinch was imperceptible. Then I felt the tip of the needle rest against my flesh. It was the last sensation with the material world I was to experience.
"Deep breaths, don't hold ..."
I was way ahead of him.
I heard the needle puncture my skin. I heard it travel the mere fraction of an inch to its predetermined exit. I heard it sever my skin a second time as the tip left me.
Inside, I came alive! Sensations I refuse to describe lest I do them injustice spread from behind my chest throughout my torso. While my body never so much a gave a shiver or twitch, I could feel unknown entities within running wild.
"You okay?"
"Is it bad that it was... good?"
He laughed. "Well, let's go for Round Two, shall we?"
My smirk returned and he prepared the second instrument.
Again, I heard every movement the needle made, never actually feeling its destructive path. Again, my body exploded from within. No amount of adrenaline or intense eroticism ever gave such a pure and uninhibited rush as this marriage of cold steel to warm flesh.

Minutes after it was over and I was walking out of the studio, I was acutely aware that I possessed two nipples. Two anomalies of flesh embedded in the lower half of each pectoral muscle. They throbbed, clenched, and yelled into me... No more?

No comments: