Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Story of Achilles: Almost 90 degrees in the shade

This morning after taking the dogs out I did Ab Ripper X. No breaks, all the way. Stay strong!

I can almost touch the ground with my heel already. I can stand without the crutches but still can't put any serious weight on the right leg, much less even take a step, but the flexibility is improving noticeably with every stretch / massage / exercise session I do - and I do that at least three times a day on non-therapy days. I've been substituting heat therapy with muscle rub out of convenience/laziness. Sometimes while stretching I wonder what it looks like from the inside. I iam not sure if it is my imagination or reality, but I believe I can feel the tendon grasping onto the nylon sewn in place and its own repairing fibres. Unnerving.

This morning I saw some of the veins running across my calf and shin again ... sign that they muscles are alive and breathing again.

1 comment:

Please Visit Me said...

See the Power of Positive thinking within you. Please follow my blog and read interesting posts. God Bless You