Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where are you?

At random moments throughout the day I find myself down long pondering trips and wonder where I was that I needed to be found. So I came here, only to lose what I thought was worth keeping from my wandering wondering.

. . . 42 . . .
I thought you would be excited, not as much as I am of course, but at least a little, as this will be a good event. But instead you found something to be worry about. I am having a hard time keeping up the positive attitude. I am sure you notice that more and more, I withdraw and leave it be, rather than deal with whatever. I still can't tell if this is harder or the easy way out. It isn't my nature, but neither is living under this ominous cloud, constantly battered by unpredictable turmoil. And don't think for a moment I don't understand the turmoil, or can't appreciate it. Nature played different games with us, and we learnt to face the storm differently.

Monkey
Despite the fact that I always say this to multitudes of situations, "The monkey said to" finally made sense to me today. It means, "Why ask why?" There is no reason or purpose behind the line other than to be. That's it. It's not a question. It's not an insult. It isn't directed to any person, animal or thing. And there are no monkeys involved.

Example:
"What are you doing?"
"I thought it might help"
"How could you think doing that would possibly help??"
"The monkey said to."

Get it?

Sometimes, what we do is bigger than us - clear to one, lost on another. Sometimes, you just do what you do because it is what you do for the greater good. Sometimes, there's no reason that will be understood because it applies to something else, but this one action in life affects so many others unknown to us. Sometimes we just find ourselves stumbling along a path we have no recollection finding in the forest of our minds. Sometimes we stay on, following it through. Sometimes we realise, just in time, we need to get off. And sometimes when we try to think back of why or how ... sometimes, there is no reason.

No comments: